Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Kombucha Skin Care - Age Spot Removal

Living in New Zealand it is almost inevitable we will get sun spots/age spots/liver spots - all the names for those brown blotches on or skin.  By the time we're 35 or so, unless we have been devoted in our use of sunscreen, they suddenly appear.

I made some skin cream using kombucha instead of water - basically just oil (almond oil or olive oil or whatever you have on had), water and emulsifier.  I intended to use it as a general skin cream.   I rubbed a little of the cream on my hands and to my surprise and wonder my age spots started to fade a little.  I thought at first it was a trick of the light but no - they really had got paler.  My sister who was with me at the time, looked at me in a startled way - and I looked back at her equally astounded.  We thought we were seeing things.  For once we were speechless :-)

There is actually no need to make cream - if you don't mind the smell just get a cotton ball soaked in kombucha and rub it on your age spots.  Leave on for at least half an hour before rinsing off.  Repeat daily until you're happy with the result - and don't forget to use SPF30 when you go out in the sun to ensure you don't create new age spots!

No comments: